A poll conducted two weeks ago by Portland-based Critical Insights shows that Maine voters overwhelming oppose specific environmental rollback proposals now before the Maine Legislature, including efforts to weaken shoreland zoning, the bottle bill, and Maine’s energy building code. The survey finds that Maine voters place a high priority on protecting our land, water and air; believe our existing environmental laws are working; and do not consider these laws as having a negative impact on Maine’s economy.
- News Release: New Poll Shows Maine Voters Oppose Environmental Rollbacks
- Statement of Lisa Pohlmann, NRCM executive director
- Maine Voters Survey on Maine’s Environment and the Economy (full results)
- Highlights from Maine Voters Survey on Maine’s Environment and the Economy
- Full survey results and cross-tabulations tables