Send Us Your Photos!
Guidelines for Submission to “My Maine This Week”
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can be a landscape shot, family picture in favorite place, or any photo that captures why you love Maine.
- Submit in digital format in as high a resolution as possible (a 1-3 MB file size is ideal).
- Include location (at least the town) where photo was taken.
- Captions are encouraged. Please include any information about the photo—where it was taken, when it was taken, and any other interesting information about the picture.
- By submitting photos to this website, for the purposes stated here, you thereby state that you are the photographer and hold all legal rights to the photo. You, not NRCM or any member of the staff, shall be responsible for any claims, legal or otherwise, made in regards to photos you submit as your own.
- Send us your Instagram handle if you have one so that we can tag you when we share your photo on our Instagram page.
- Please keep to no more than 75 lines.
- May be free verse or traditional.
- Please send electronically.
- Share the joy of a hike you took, a bird you noticed in your yard, or an action your family took to help protect the Maine we love. Be creative!
- Try to keep it to a few hundred words.
- Be sure to send it electronically!
General guidelines for all categories:
- Highlight the beauty of Maine, experiences in the Maine outdoors, or tie in to protecting Maine’s environment.
- Can be humorous, serious, whimsical, or otherwise evoke a strong positive feeling about the nature of Maine.
- You do not need to be a member of NRCM to submit work (although we hope you are a member, or will consider becoming one).
- Please include your name and address. Just your name and town will appear with the work.
- By submitting photographs and other work to the Natural Resources Council of Maine’s “My Maine This Week,” you agree to allow NRCM to use the work in other NRCM media (elsewhere on our website, in our newsletter, videos, etc.) We may also, on occasion, provide the work to a third party, so long as it is in promotion of NRCM. We will always acknowledge you, and will do our best to notify you in advance.