Send Us Your Photos!
Guidelines for Submission to “My Maine This Week”
Please send all submissions to email@example.com.
- Can be a landscape shot, family picture in favorite place, feature wildlife (so long as the animal does not appear stressed and you followed wildlife photography ethics to capture the shot)
- Submit in digital format in as high a resolution as possible (a 1-3 MB file size is ideal).
- It is important to include location (at least the town) where photo was taken.
- Captions are encouraged. Please be sure to include the name of the location where you took your photo, a short quote/testimonial about why you chose to visit that particular place, identify any natural features in the photo(s) (water bodies, mountains, parks or preserve names) and any other information you would like to share.
- By submitting your photos to this contest, you are granting permission for the Natural Resources Council of Maine use of any or all of them in our website, newsletter, videos, advertisements, social media platforms, and other media. We may also, on occasion, provide the work to a third party, so long as it is in clear association with NRCM. We will always give you photo credit, and will do our best to notify you in advance. By submitting your photos, you agree to these terms you thereby state that you are the photographer and hold all legal rights to the photo(s). You, not NRCM or any member of the staff, shall be responsible for any claims, legal or otherwise, made in regards to photos you submit as your own.
- Send us your Instagram handle if you have one so that we can tag you when we share your photo on our Instagram page.
- Please keep to no more than 75 lines.
- May be free verse or traditional.
- Please send electronically.
- Share the joy of a hike you took, a bird you noticed in your yard, or an action your family took to help protect the Maine we love. Be creative!
- Try to keep it to a few hundred words.
- Be sure to send it electronically!
General guidelines for all categories:
- Highlight the beauty of Maine, experiences in the Maine outdoors, or tie in to protecting Maine’s environment.
- Can be humorous, serious, whimsical, or otherwise evoke a strong positive feeling about the nature of Maine.
- You do not need to be a member of NRCM to submit work (although we hope you are a member, or will consider becoming one).
- Please include your name and address. Just your name and town will appear with the work.
Thank you so much for your interest in “My Maine This Week” and for your support for NRCM.
Banner photo: Cutler Bold Coast by NRCM member Zack Porter