Fall In To Winter Photo Contest!
Ah, New England in the fall. It marks the time when we know that another Maine winter is on its way. We want to see, and possibly use, your fall and winter photos of our beautiful state to help us protect the nature of Maine! Maybe you’ve got leaf-peeping photos from a hike in the western Maine mountains. Or, perhaps you’ve got images of The County buried in snow.
We received 75 photographs by a 22 people from across Maine. Thanks to all of you who entered, and thanks to all of you who voted!
View all fall photos: www.nrcm.org/my-maine-this-week/photo-contest-fall-photos/
View all winter photos: www.nrcm.org/my-maine-this-week/fall-in-to-winter-photo-contest-winter-photos/
Don't worry if you didn't win, though. There's a pretty good possibility that we could use your image submission, with credit, to help protect what makes Maine so special in future social media posts and publications.
The Fine Print*
- Please make sure each photo is sent in full size—do not reduce size for emailing.
- All photos must be at least 2625 x 3383 pixels in size.
- Please be sure to include the name of the location where you took your photo, a short quote/testimonial about why you chose to visit that particular place, identify any natural features in the photo(s) (water bodies, mountains, parks or preserve names) and any other information you would like to share.
- Can be a landscape shot, with or without people in it. If minors are included and are clearly recognizable, please include written permission from the parent or caregiver stating permission is granted for NRCM to use it according to the conditions listed for this contest.
- Can include wildlife so long as the animal does not appear stressed and you followed wildlife photography ethics to capture the shot.
- Winning photos will be selected within 30 days of the end of the contest.
- There will be one winner for the fall category and another winner for the winter category. One photographer is eligible to win for just one category, not both.
- You may enter a maximum of three (3) photos per category.
- By submitting your photos to this contest, you are granting permission for the Natural Resources Council of Maine use of any or all of them in our website, newsletter, videos, advertisements, social media platforms, and other media. We may also, on occasion, provide the work to a third party, so long as it is in clear association with NRCM. We will always give you photo credit, and will do our best to notify you in advance. By submitting your photos, you agree to these terms.
Disclaimer: By submitting photos to this contest, for the purposes stated here, you thereby state that you are the photographer and hold all legal rights to the photo(s). You, not NRCM or any member of the staff, shall be responsible for any claims, legal or otherwise, made in regards to photos you submit as your own.