The proposed CMP transmission corridor is a bad deal for Maine, and we need you to contact Maine's Congressional delegation to ask them to urge the Army Corps of Engineers to do a full Environmental Impact Statement and hold a public hearing on the proposed Central Maine Power corridor.
Take Action for Maine's Environment
The Natural Resources Council of Maine will help you take action at a moment's notice on issues related to the protection of Maine's air, land, waters, and wildlife. Here are some ways to get involved, and some tools to help:
- Sign up for NRCM's Action Network to receive emails when your action is needed on important issues. You will also receive event invitations, and other news from NRCM.
- Click on items below to take action via our online system (your emails will be sent to the correct elected officials based on your address information).
- Read our tips for contacting your state legislators to talk about issues that are important to you.
- Contact Maine's Congressional delegation to make your voice heard on issues being discussed in Washington, DC, that affect Maine's environment.
- Contact your local Maine newspapers to share your thoughts about issues related to Maine's air, land, waters, and wildlife. Find newspaper contact info and use these tips for writing letters to the editor.
Attend Public Hearings at the Maine Legislature
During the legislative session, there are many opportunities to speak out at public hearings on bills related to Maine's environment. Visit our bill tracking page to see a full list of upcoming public hearings, and then join us in Augusta to speak out in support of Maine's air, land, water, and wildlife.
Support Recycling Reform for Maine
Join our movement to reform recycling in Maine, make it more efficient, and reduce the burden on taxpayers. We’re calling on lawmakers to adopt a solution that is used around the world to make corporations share in the cost of delivering recycling programs. Sign our petition for an “extended producer responsibility for packaging” law. Learn more about the details.
Take Action: Support a 100% Clean Economy
From droughts and extreme heat, to flooding, hurricanes, wildfires, and sea-level rise, Americans are feeling the impact of the climate crisis as a result of increased pollution. Climate change is an urgent problem and requires an urgent solution. Contact Maine's Congressional delegates to ask them to support a 100% clean economy.
Oppose Proposed CMP Transmission Line
We oppose CMP’s proposal to build a 145-mile transmission line from the Québec-Maine border to Lewiston because it would harm Maine forests and wildlife, suppress Maine’s renewable energy industry, and could actually increase climate change emissions, all with no clear benefit to Maine. Urge decisionmakers to deny CMP’s permits.