Please urge Senators Collins and King to lead the charge in demanding the Senate not rush a lifetime appointment through confirmation hearings and a vote before the election. The next Justice make will face consequential cases on climate change, protecting clean air and water, and the health of our natural environment.
Take Action for Maine's Environment
The Natural Resources Council of Maine will help you take action at a moment's notice on issues related to the protection of Maine's air, land, waters, and wildlife. Here are some ways to get involved, and some tools to help:
- Sign up for NRCM's Action Network to receive emails when your action is needed on important issues. You will also receive event invitations, and other news from NRCM.
- Click on items below to take action via our online system (your emails will be sent to the correct elected officials based on your address information).
- Read our tips for contacting your state legislators to talk about issues that are important to you.
- Contact Maine's Congressional delegation to make your voice heard on issues being discussed in Washington, DC, that affect Maine's environment.
- Contact your local Maine newspapers to share your thoughts about issues related to Maine's air, land, waters, and wildlife. Find newspaper contact info and use these tips for writing letters to the editor.
Attend Public Hearings at the Maine Legislature
During the legislative session, there are many opportunities to speak out at public hearings on bills related to Maine's environment. Visit our bill tracking page to see a full list of upcoming public hearings, and then join us in Augusta to speak out in support of Maine's air, land, water, and wildlife.
Tell the US Forest Service: No Oil & Gas Drilling in Our National Forests
The Administration just announced another rule that will allow fossil fuel companies more access to drill for oil & gas in our National Forests! Make your voice heard in opposition to this new rule before November 2nd. The time to focus on tackling climate change with green jobs & clean energy is now!
Encourage Maine to Take Strong Climate Action for a Better Future
Maine Climate Council Working Groups are continuing to meet and develop recommended strategies for the state’s Climate Action Plan. Please join us in sending the message that Mainers can build a stronger future with concrete steps to reduce air pollution and transition to clean energy.
Green Recovery for All Mainers
Our country and communities are going through one of the worst health and economic challenges in our lifetime. We need our leaders to focus on solutions and a recovery path that helps us build back better. In 2020, it’s clear that path is a green one. Tell Maine's Congressional delegation that you support a green recovery for Maine.
Support Recycling Reform for Maine
Join our movement to reform recycling in Maine, make it more efficient, and reduce the burden on taxpayers. We’re calling on lawmakers to adopt a solution that is used around the world to make corporations share in the cost of delivering recycling programs. Sign our petition for an “extended producer responsibility for packaging” law. Learn more about the details.