Zoom In: Celebrate Progress for the Penobscot River
Thursday, May 20, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
The Penobscot River Restoration Project has been a huge success, improving access for sea-run fish to more than 2,000 miles of habitat. This exciting, challenging, and deeply meaningful collaborative project to bring the Penobscot River back to life is the subject of a new book. Please join us for a Zoom webinar to celebrate the success of the Penobscot River Restoration Project. You’ll hear stories from Mainers, including those directly involved in the project, who helped make it a reality, captured in the inspiring book, From the Mountains to the Sea.
At this special online event, you will hear from:
- John Banks, Director, Department of Natural Resources, Penobscot Nation
- Laura Rose Day, Former Director, Penobscot River Restoration Trust
- Kate Dempsey, State Director, The Nature Conservancy in Maine
- Pete Didisheim, Advocacy Director, Natural Resources Council of Maine
- Andy Goode, Vice President, U.S. Programs, Atlantic Salmon Federation
The event is free but advance registration is required.