Writing to or calling your legislator is an effective way to make your voice heard and to influence their votes on issues that are important to you.
When writing or calling:
- Introduce yourself – let them know where you live and what you do
- Mention the bill’s LD number and the title of the bill
- Describe why this bill is important to you – personal stories resonate well
- Encourage your legislator to vote a certain way (either for or against)
- Again, mention the bill’s LD number and how you would like them to vote
- Thank your legislator for their time and hard work serving your community
If you have questions about contacting your legislator, contact Todd Martin, NRCM Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or (800) 287-2345 ext 215. Thank you for making your voice heard!