How Does Seattle-based Plum Creek Add Up in Maine?
- Plum Creek CEO Rick Holley’s annual salary: $5 million
- Average salary of Maine resident (three-year average 2001-03): $37,619
- Price Plum Creek paid for land in Moosehead proposal: $200 per acre
- Price Plum Creek will likely receive on sale of house lots: $200,000 per acre (shorefront)
- Assumed single-family residential unit house in proposed development: $280,000 to construct.
- Maine median value of owner-occupied housing units in 2000: $98,700
- Plum Creek’s net worth (Hoovers, 2005): $4.8 billion
- Amount of corporate income tax Plum Creek pays to the state of Maine: $0
- Amount of corporate income tax Plum Creek pays to the federal government: $0
- Amount Plum Creek was fined for violations of laws protecting Maine forests (largest in Maine history): $57,000
About Seattle-based Plum Creek
- Nation’s largest private landowner: owns 8.2 million acres in 18 states
- Acres owned in Maine: 928,000
- Number of people who live within a day’s drive of Moosehead, many of whom can afford expensive vacation houses: 70 million
For more about Seattle-based Plum Creek’s massive development proposal visit www.nrcm.org/projects-hot-issues/woods-wildlife-and-wilderness/plum-creeks-massive-moosehead-proposal/.