NRCM Appeal of LURC’s Plum Creek Decision
On October 18, 2010, NRCM filed our reply brief in response to the Maine Attorney General’s brief filed earlier this fall.
On July 27, 2010 NRCM’s brief was filed in our appeal of the Plum Creek decision made by LURC. Read the full brief here.
Attachments to the brief:
- Satellite photograph of Maine’s North Woods
- Letter from eight Maine attorneys to LURC expressing opposition to Plum Creek being allowed to use the “Conservation Framework” for which it is being paid $35 million to satisfy mitigation requirements.
Today marks an important moment in NRCM – and Maine – history.
In our latest effort to protect Maine’s North Woods from unplanned, sprawling development, NRCM has filed a lawsuit in Maine Superior Court to appeal LURC’s Plum Creek development decision. After spending countless hours reviewing LURC’s decision, and sharing the frustration of Maine people, it became clear that there were substantial grounds for an appeal and a need to do so.
- Read NRCM’s full statement
- Questions and answers about NRCM’s appeal
- Read NRCM’s appeal, filed on October 22, 2009
- View a map of the Plum Creek development plan approved by Maine’s Land Use Regulation Commission (LURC)
- Learn more about our work to protect the Moosehead Lake region