Cleaner cars mean cleaner air, less global warming pollution, less dependence on imported oil, and the opportunity to fuel your transportation on 100% renewable energy.
Sometimes, you can walk, ride your bike, use public transportation, or carpool, and those are all great ways to achieve the above goals. Maine is a pretty rural state though, and cars are a necessary part of most people’s lives. So, consider choosing a plug-in electric vehicle to save money on fuel costs and protect Maine’s environmental future by reducing air pollution.
If you’re considering an electric vehicle, here are some resources you may want to check out:
- Guides to plug-in electric cars
- Guide to buying home electric vehicle chargers
- Guide to full electric and electric plug-in cars available
- Guide to installing an electric vehicle charger at your business or place of employment
- Transportation information hosted by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy