The Natural Resources Council of Maine was pleased to participate in ecomaine’s annual Recycling Open House and e-waste collection event on Saturday, September 30, from 8:00-11:00 a.m. at their location at 62 Blueberry Road, Portland (just off Exit 46 of I-95 near the Portland International Jetport).
The morning included:
- Tours of ecomaine’s facilities
- Free electronic waste (e-waste) collection (see full list of acceptable items)
- Free breakfast sandwiches, fruit, and coffee
- Free 22-gallon recycling bins (while supplies last)
- Fun activities for kids, including the chance to sit in garbage and recycling trucks AND meet the Portland Sea Dogs’ Slugger!
- Raffles for great prizes
- A chance to speak with representatives from NRCM, Garbage to Garden, The SunriseGuide, PaintCare, We Compost It!, Wayside Food Programs, and more!