Please join NRCM at an Electric Vehicle (EV) Symposium – The Future Is Here, hosted by A Climate to Thrive (ACTT) on Saturday, June 2 from 10:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. at the Moore Community Center, 133 State Street, Ellsworth. The Symposium will feature a panel of speakers, including NRCM Climate and Clean Energy Policy Advocate and Staff Attorney Sue Ely, discussing all things EV and taking questions from the audience.
EVs are here and more are coming: almost all major carmakers are ramping up production of a variety of EV models, and we are seeing more and more public charging stations in Maine to support the growing number of EVs on the road. More summer visitors plan to drive EVs as they explore Downeast Maine; more local commuters are looking to EVs as a way to lower transportation costs and help to keep our air clean. ACTT is helping to develop a robust, publicly accessible charging station corridor from Belfast to Eastport, and supporting the adoption of EVs throughout the region.
The event is free and open to the public and will feature:
- EV Panel Discussion:
- Michael Stoddard of Efficiency Maine
- Ben Lake of the Greater Portland Council of Governments
- Sue Ely of the Natural Resources Council of Maine, and
- Gordon Beck of ACTT.
- Breakout sessions on topics ranging from “EV 101 – the basics of EVs” to building out EV charging infrastructure in Eastern Maine and much more.
- Information on the latest lines of EV models and charging stations
Please join NRCM and ACTT to be a part of the conversation, the action, and the solution!