Photo Contest Celebrates 30 Years of Land for Maine’s Future
Help us “put the focus” on celebrating 30 years of the Land for Maine’s Future program.
We invited you to celebrate the Land for Maine’s Future’s 30th anniversary by participating in NRCM’s photo contest! Thanks to everyone who sent in photos of these spectacular lands for a chance to win a prize and have a photo featured on our website.
LMF has protected more than 600,000 acres that include not only important wildlife habitat and recreation areas, but also farmlands and working waterfronts, in all 16 counties. Use our NRCM Environment app on your smartphone or visit our Explore Maine map to find LMF locations near and far throughout Maine.
The contest is over, but you can still go for a hike, bike, swim, paddle, or a great day of watching wildlife and bring your camera! Send us your photos with a description of where the photo was taken, along with your name and town of residence, and we’ll add it to our website My Maine This Week feature.
Where are These Lands?
- Find a list of Land for Maine’s Future locations.
- Use our Explore Maine map (click on “Land for Maine’s Future” in the right-hand column) to help you get there.
Some will be familiar favorites, and some will be places you’ve never heard of but will want to discover for yourself!
Entering the Contest is Easy
- Visit a Land for Maine’s Future location (Tumbledown, anyone?)
- Take photos
- Send them to us at email@example.com or upload them from your smartphone using our NRCM Environment app
- Please make sure each photo is sent in full size—do not reduce size for emailing.
- All photos much be at least 2625 x 3383 pixels in size (and no less than 2188 x 2819 pixels in size).
- If you have existing photos that meet the requirements, you are welcome to enter those. Photos do not have to be just summer photos. We welcome photos from all four seasons.
- Please be sure to include the name of the LMF location, a short quote/testimonial about why you chose to visit that particular place, and any other information you would like to share. There is no limit to the number of photos you may enter.
ALL photos submitted will be showcased in a slide show we will create on our website, with credit given to the photographer and including the testimonial. We may also display all or a selection thereof (depending on number received) in the public area here at NRCM, and possibly in a traveling exhibit in locations around the state.
- Our first place winner will receive their photo printed on an 11×14 photo canvas
- Second and third place winners will have their photos made into notecards that will be used by NRCM and sets of the notecards will be sent to first-, second-, and third-place winners.
- Other prizes include gift certificates to L.L. Bean, the Great Impasta, and the 3 Dog Café
More questions? Need help? Please contact Beth Comeau, NRCM Public Affairs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 430-0106.
* By submitting photos to this contest, for the purposes stated here, you thereby state that you are the photographer and hold all legal rights to the photo(s). You, not NRCM or any member of the staff, shall be responsible for any claims, legal or otherwise, made in regards to photos you submit as your own.
** In addition, we may feature any of the photos on our website, in our newsletter, videos, and other media. We may also, on occasion, provide the work to a third party, so long as it is in clear association with NRCM. We will always acknowledge you, and will do our best to notify you in advance. By submitting your photos, you agree to these terms. Learn more about the Land for Maine’s Future program.
Banner photo: Tumbledown Mountain by Linda Woods.