NRCM currently has no job openings.
Environmental Policy Internships
The Natural Resources Council of Maine (NRCM) is seeking applicants to work as interns to assist the organization on a broad range of environmental policy issues currently facing Maine and the nation. NRCM attempts to place interns year-round, and the internships may be less than full-time to accommodate academic schedules. Internships generally are unpaid positions. However, NRCM does have funding for 1-2 paid internships annually (see details below under “Tomorrow’s Environmental Leaders Internship”).
NRCM provides interns with meaningful work and an excellent training experience. Interns will contribute to and learn from activities such as:
- Policy Research for legislation dealing with water quality, renewable energy, climate mitigation, land conservation, and waste management;
- Legislative Action (when the Legislature is in session) including attending legislative hearings, meeting lawmakers, watching policy debates, and mobilizing activists; and
- Advocacy Strategy including attending internal NRCM policy meetings, coalition strategy sessions, and advocacy events.
Interns work under the supervision of NRCM’s Advocacy Director, who works to ensure that interns receive extensive opportunities to witness internal operations of NRCM and the environmental policy process.
Applicants should have strong writing and communication skills, a strong interest in environmental policy, and ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines. Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint preferred; GIS skills not required, but may be of use.
Candidates may apply at any time. Resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s Environmental Leaders Internship
NRCM provides a $1,000 stipend for 1-2 interns annually. Generally, this intern serves from early June to early August. Candidates who are interested in being considered for this internship, called the “Tomorrow’s Environmental Leaders Internship,” should apply as follows:
- Applications Due: March 2, 2018
- NRCM Interviews: March 12-23, 2018
- Notification: March 30, 2018
Candidates not selected for a paid internship may still be considered for an unpaid internship. Candidates interested in being considered for an internship should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.